4.8out of 3,000+ reviews
Why you can trust Insurify
Car Insurance in Rockville, MD
- The average cost of car insurance in Rockville is $199 per month, or $2388 annually.
- Car insurance in Rockville is $28 less than the average cost of car insurance in Maryland.
- The cheapest car insurance provider in Rockville on average is Kemper Preferred, but you should always compare quotes to find your best personal rate.
Quotes by Top Companies
Cheapest Car Insurance in Rockville, MD
|Insurance Provider in Rockville||Quotes|
|State Farm||$98 /mo|
|The General||$229 /mo|
Compare Car Insurance Quotes Instantly
- Personalized quotes in 5 minutes or less
- No signup required
Average Car Insurance Cost
Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in Maryland
All motor vehicles operated or parked on Maryland roadways are required to be insured. Proof of insurance must be carried in your car at all times and must be available when:
- Requested by law enforcement
- Renewing vehicle registration
- The vehicle is involved in a car accident
- $30,000 per person for bodily injury
- $60,000 per accident for bodily injury
As a major part of your liability insurance, bodily injury coverage covers medical bills for people other than the policyholder who are injured during an accident. Maryland is an at-fault state, meaning the driver who is responsible for the collision is also responsible for paying for any resulting expenses, either through their car insurance provider or out of pocket.
- $15,000 per accident for property damage
If it’s determined that an insured driver is at fault for an accident, this coverage pays for repairs to the property of the other involved parties. Additionally, property damage coverage can cover legal costs if the insured driver is involved in a lawsuit following the accident.
- $2,500 per accident for PIP
Personal injury protection coverage, also referred to as PIP coverage, will cover the policyholder for medical payments they incur in the event of an accident. Depending on your plan, you may also receive non-medical benefits, compensating you for lost wages, household expenses, and even funeral costs.
- $60,000 per accident for uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury
- $15,000 per accident for uninsured/underinsured motorist property damage
Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage pays for costs caused by a driver with little or no insurance after a car accident. In Maryland, you’re required to purchase this coverage for both bodily injury and property damage.
FAQs - Rockville, MD Car Insurance
Insurance companies weigh multiple factors when calculating your car insurance rates, including your age, driving history, type of vehicle, and even your marital status. Not only do states have different laws and limits surrounding minimum liability coverage, but where you live within your state could also affect your driver risk profile. Insurance companies use your ZIP code to analyze your area’s weather patterns, rates of vehicle theft, likelihood of vandalism, average traffic congestion, and other factors that might lead you to file an insurance claim. If you want to pay the lowest possible rate on your car insurance policy, opt for state minimum coverage. This is the cheapest level of car insurance coverage your state will allow. Comparing real, ready-to-purchase quotes on a car insurance comparison site like Insurify can find you the lowest rates for your area, risk profile, and financial needs. Car insurance rates vary by state, driver, and company. Click here to find the cheapest car insurance quotes and companies in your area. If you’re looking for rates tailored to you, use Insurify to compare up to 10+ real quotes for your specific driver profile and unlock savings and discounts.
Compare Car Insurance Quotes Instantly
- Personalized quotes in 5 minutes or less
- No signup required
The car insurance quotes displayed are based on an analysis of Insurify’s database of over 40 million quotes from 500 ZIP codes nationwide. To obtain representative rates, Insurify’s data science team performs frequent comprehensive analyses of the factors car insurance providers weigh to calculate rates including driver demographics, driving record, credit score, desired coverage level, and more.
Insurify’s analysis also incorporates the Insurify Composite Score (ICS) assigned to each insurance provider. The ICS is a proprietary rating that weighs multiple factors reflecting the quality, reliability, and health of an insurance company. Ratings used to calculate the ICS include Financial Strength Ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s, and Fitch; J.D. Power ratings; Consumer Reports customer satisfaction surveys and customer complaints; mobile app reviews; and user-generated company reviews.
With the above insights and ranking methods, Insurify is able to offer car insurance shoppers insight into how various insurance providers compare to one another in terms of both cost and quality. Note, actual quotes will vary based on unique attributes including the policyholder’s driver history and their garaging address.
How Rockville Drivers Measure Up
While most drivers know that car insurance quotes are determined in part by your personal driving history, many may be unaware that rates are also impacted by the average risk of the drivers around you as well. Check out Insurify's latest analysis of driving records in Rockville, Maryland below:
Drawing from an internal database of over 4 million car insurance applications, the research team at Insurify analyzes patterns in car ownership and driver behavior - including how Rockville drivers measure up to their fellow motorists across Maryland in areas including speeding, DUIs, and more.
Insurify Insights publishes data-driven articles, trend analyses, and national rankings each week on all factors related to cars and those who drive them.
Most Popular Car in Rockville
City with the Most Speeding Tickets Rank in Maryland
City with the Most Moving Violations Rank in Maryland
City with the Most DUIs Rank in Maryland
City with the Most Suspended Licenses in Maryland
While car accidents are a sadly unavoidable feature of time spent on the road, rates of accidents do vary from city to city and from state to state. Rockville drivers rank 33 in the number of car accidents per driver across all cities in Maryland.
- Rank within state: #33
- Percent of drivers in Rockville with an accident: 12.66%
- Drivers in Rockville, MD with an accident in their driving history pay on average 21.88% more than drivers with a clean record
Exceeding the speed limit can endanger others and leave a permanent stain on your driving record. When compared to other cities in Maryland, Rockville drivers rank 18 in the number of speeding infractions per driver.
- Rank within state: #18
- Percent of drivers in Rockville with a speeding ticket: 11.25%
- Drivers in Rockville, MD with a speeding ticket in their driving history pay on average 33.85% more than drivers with a clean record
While driving while intoxicated is never acceptable, it’s a more common offense than many assume. Rockville drivers rank 31 in the number of DUI’s per driver across all cities in Maryland.
- Rank within state: #31
- Percent of drivers in Rockville with a DUI: 1.17%
- Drivers in Rockville, MD with a DUI in their driving history pay on average 0% more than drivers with a clean record
Some car models are just more popular than others and trends can vary from place to place. The most popular vehicle in Rockville is the Toyota Camry.
The Insurify team classifies rude drivers as those who commit the following driving offenses: failure to yield or failure to stop, improper backing, passing where prohibited, tailgating, street racing, or hit-and-runs. Among all cities in Maryland, Rockville drivers rank 6 in rude driving infractions.
- Rank within state: #6
- Percent of drivers in Rockville with a reckless driving violation: 1.99%
- Drivers in Rockville, MD with a reckless driving violation in their driving history pay on average 26.04% more than drivers with a clean record.
Having a squeaky-clean driving record is an accomplishment to be proud of. Some cities have safer drivers than others; Rockville drivers rank 10 in clean driving records across all cities in Maryland.
- Rank within state: #10
- Percent of drivers in Rockville with clean record: 78.19%
Failing to yield the right of way isn’t just frustrating for other drivers; it’s dangerous, too. Rockville drivers rank 9 in failure to yield violations per driver across all cities in Maryland.
- Rank within state: #9
- Percent of drivers in Rockville with a failure to yield violation: 0.23%
- Drivers in Rockville, MD with a failure to yield violation in their driving history pay on average 0% more than drivers with a clean record
Reckless driving refers to a specific traffic violation: when drivers willfully act dangerously in spite of the risks they’re imposing on both themselves and others. Among all cities in Maryland, Rockville drivers rank 5 in the number of reckless driving offenses per driver.
- Rank within state: #5
- Percent of drivers in Rockville with a reckless driving offense: 0.23%
As auto manufacturers increasingly turn towards producing greener car models, more and more motorists are embracing hybrids and EV’s. Rockville drivers rank 4 in hybrid and electric vehicle ownership across all cities in Maryland.
- Rank within state: #4
- Percent of drivers in Rockville with a hybrid/electric vehicle: 3.53%
Insurify's team of data scientists and content specialists presents Insurify Insights, a series of automotive, home, and health studies focusing on the topics that impact us all. through expert analysis of over 4 million car insurance applications and an array of top data sources, the Insurify Insights team produces new data-driven articles, trend analyses, regional superlatives, and national rankings every week. See Insurify Insights as featured in Forbes, Fox News, USA Today, NPR, and more.
- Maryland Department of Transportation. "State Minimum Car Insurance Requirements." Accessed May 28, 2022