You have many choices when it comes to car insurance, and it’s not just about finding the company that will offer you the cheapest quote. You also need to pay attention to an insurance provider’s capability to pay claims and its reputation for customer satisfaction. Good2Go is one option available to high-risk drivers, and we’ll help you decide whether it’s right for you. But first, you may want to use Insurify to compare quotes across insurance companies.
Though Good2Go specializes in providing minimum coverage to people with a bad driving record, it may not offer the best insurance rates to everyone who fits that description. The best way to ensure you’re getting the cheapest premium is to compare auto insurance quotes from multiple providers. With Insurify, you’ll only need to enter your information once, and you’ll be able to easily identify the best deal in auto insurance for you.
What is Good2Go?
Good2Go is an auto insurance company focused on serving high-risk drivers, such as those with poor credit or accidents and DUIs on their records, and offering cheap minimum-limit car insurance. The company is licensed to sell insurance in every state except Alaska, Kansas, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Montana, and Rhode Island. Depending on where you live, your policy may be underwritten by any of the following companies:
- American Independent Insurance Company
- Bankers Independent Insurance Company
- Bristol West Insurance Group
- Dairyland Auto Insurance
- The General Insurance
- Kemper Auto (Infinity Insurance Company)
- Personal Service Insurance Company
- Plymouth Rock Management Company of NJ
Good2Go also features a quote-comparison tool. No matter where you live, you’ll start the process with a quote. And if Good2Go doesn’t provide insurance in your area, you’ll be referred to quotes from the company’s partner insurers.
How does Good2Go work?
To get a quote, you’ll enter your ZIP code. Good2Go will then ask you some standard questions about your vehicle, driving history, gender, age, credit score, occupation, education, whether you’re a homeowner, and how you’ll be using your car. It’s simple to use, but you’ll be required to enter your personal information at the end. Since Good2Go doesn’t offer anonymous quotes, you may end up receiving calls or emails from agents interested in selling you a policy.
Depending on where you live, Good2Go may provide direct insurance quotes for you or refer you to a partner website to see your quote. For example, your final results may include a link to another company like State Farm or Liberty Mutual. Either way, you’ll be provided with a handful of options.
Once you choose an auto insurance policy, Good2Go gives you the option of making a down payment for as low as $20 for proof of insurance, with subsequent payments due shortly afterward. You can also pay for your car insurance quarterly or annually. You’ll be able to manage your policy and pay your bills online from Good2Go.com.
What car insurance coverage does Good2Go offer?
Though their specialty is minimum liability coverage, Good2Go Auto Insurance offers a variety of coverage options. You have the option of purchasing the following:
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Most states require that you have this coverage, which helps pay for repairs to another person’s vehicle or property in an accident you cause.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Many states also require this coverage, which helps pay for the other party’s medical bills in an accident you cause.
- Personal Injury Protection: Some states require this coverage in addition to or instead of bodily injury liability coverage. It covers your own medical bills, regardless of who is at fault.
- Collision Coverage: This coverage helps pay for damages to your vehicle in an accident you cause. Without this coverage, you’d be on the hook for repairs.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage helps pay for damages from non-collision events, like hail or a falling tree branch.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This helps pay for your medical bills if you are hit by an uninsured driver.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Similar to uninsured motorist coverage, this helps pay for injuries or death incurred from a driver without sufficient insurance coverage.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage: This covers the cost of a rental car if your vehicle becomes inoperable.
- Towing & Labor Cost Reimbursement Coverage: If you need a tow after an accident or due to mechanical failure, this coverage helps pay for that.
Good2Go Auto Insurance Discounts and Quotes
While the discounts available to you will depend on the underwriter for your policy, the following driver discounts may be available:
- Defensive driving course discounts
- Good driver discounts
- Student driver discounts
- Homeownership discounts
- Multi-vehicle discounts
- Paid in full discounts
- Renewal discounts
Some discounts may be built into your quote, but you may need to ask about others. When giving a quote, Good2Go will typically provide you with only a handful of options, and you may need to visit another site to see your rate. For example, quotes from Florida, Colorado, and California each returned four links, one for a comparison website and three for different insurance companies. Quotes weren’t immediately visible for any of the options.
Good2Go has some nice features, such as an easy-to-use quote tool and online policy management. The insurance agency may also provide cheap premiums for some high-risk drivers. But customer reviews are few and far between on third-party websites. The few customers who have written a review for Good2Go have had mostly negative things to say about the company. And although Good2Go is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), the company currently has an F rating.
Furthermore, American Independent Companies Inc., which is associated with Good2Go, has not received a financial strength rating from A.M. Best since 2017, when they had a C+ rating (this may be because of the company rebranding from AICI to Good2Go around this time period). Most insurers, including some others that Good2Go works with, receive much higher ratings from the independent agency. A low rating from A.M. Best means policyholders may not be able to trust Good2Go to pay claims.
Unless you’re looking for cheap car insurance with state minimum coverage levels just to stay legal on the road, you should avoid purchasing insurance coverage from www.Good2Go.com. The insurer’s customer service reviews and financial strength ratings are cause for concern. Other car insurance companies that have better reputations still provide affordable rates to high-risk drivers.
Furthermore, due to the limited results provided by Good2Go’s comparison tool in most states, most consumers will be better served using a different site to compare car insurance quotes initially. For example, with Insurify, you can compare quotes from up to 20 different insurance providers in one place, and you’ll be able to see select quotes without even leaving the insurance comparison website. Plus, you’ll be able to toggle between coverage limits and change your deductible for full coverage insurance until you find a policy that fits your budget. And quotes are customized based on your driving history and personal information so that you can get an accurate idea of what you’ll pay for car insurance.
Bear in mind that while auto insurance is required in almost all states, a good policy will do more than just meet the requirements of the law. If you want the financial protection that insurance provides, you should choose a company with a good reputation for customer satisfaction and financial strength. Even if Good2Go Auto Insurance provides you with the cheapest quote, you should only sign up for a policy if you can’t afford other options.