Arkansas Car Insurance Information
Requirement : Yes
Car insurance is required in Kansas . Drivers must have a minimum of liability, personal injury protection, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Minimum Coverage Car Insurance Requirements:
A minimum liability, personal injury protection, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is required:
- $25,000 for bodily injury to one person.
- $50,000 for bodily injury per accident.
- $10,000 for property damage liability per accident.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – No-fault insurance helps with certain costs resulting from a car accident, no matter who’s at fault.
- $45,000 for medical costs one person.
- $900 per month for 1 year of disability, and loss of income.
- $25 per day for in-home services
- $2,000 for funeral, cremation, or burial expenses
- $4,500 for rehabilitation
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage – Covers you in case you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured party, or they don’t have adequate coverage.
- $25,000 per person
- $50,000 per accident
Other Car Insurance Coverage Options:
Liability, personal injury protection, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage are the only requirement for Kansas motorist to have, there are several other types of coverage available to drivers:
- Collision – Covers damages to your vehicle due to an accident.
- Comprehensive – Covers damages due to your non-accident related damages to your car, such as inclement weather.
- Rental Reimbursement – Reimburses you if you have to rent a car after an accident.
- Note: Comprehensive and or collision coverage is optional, unless the vehicle is being financed or leased, the lending/leasing agency may require you to purchase comprehensive and collision coverage.
Other Forms of Financial Responsibility:
Other legal ways around buying car insurance include: There are no alternative forms of financial responsibility. Kansas requires all drivers to have minimum coverage.
Proof of Insurance: Yes
You must carry proof of insurance with your vehicle at all times.
Valid forms of proof of financial responsibility include:
- Insurance card.
The card will include:
- Vehicle’s information:
- Safety Rating
- Your policy name & name of any other drivers insured under the policy.
- The policy term’s expiration date.
- A new policy card will be provided every time you renew your car insurance policy.
Violations, Fines & Penalties:
- Should you be found operating a vehicle without the mandatory minimum insurance coverage, you face suspension of your driver’s license for an indefinite period of time.
Credit Scores & Determining Your Insurance Premium :
All Kansas drivers are required to have car insurance, however, insurance providers are reserved the right to deny coverage to high-risk drivers. High-risk drivers who are refused coverage by 3 private companies are eligible to apply for car insurance through the Kansas Automobile Insurance Plan.
Other factors that may be used to determine your premiums include:
- Claim history
- Credit history
- Driving history
- Marital status
- Make, model of car
- Neighborhood or city of residence
Discounts : Yes
Discounts available in Kansas:
- Anti-theft discount
- Good driver discount
- Good student discount
- Multi-vehicle discount
- Safety device discount
Novice drivers are banned from all cellphone usage. All drivers are banned from texting while driving. Cell phone and texting violations are considered primary offenses. Violators face a $60 fine.
Arkansas Minimum Coverage Laws
Carriers in Arkansas
Full Insurance Laws for Arkansas