With 125 years of history behind it, West Bend Auto Insurance provides personal auto and property insurance policies across the midwest. Known for excellent customer service and straightforward claims processing, customers who need to insure more than just a car will find an easy solution with West Bend’s bundling options.
Who Benefits Most and Least from West Bend Insurance?
- Drivers who need both auto and home insurance coverage, and would benefit from centralized payment and policy management
- Multi-generational households that can benefit from West Bend’s targeted policies for all stages and milestones of life
- Safe drivers who qualify for discounts and cash back through car safety features, clean driving records, and continued driver’s education.
Not the Best For…
- Drivers with a history of accidents, who won’t be able to benefit from good driver discounts or cash back rewards for a claim-free year
- Anyone residing outside of the 11 midwestern states where West Bend Insurance is currently available
- Those who only need bare minimum auto insurance coverage
West Bend: A Silver Lining When You Need It Most
With a slogan like “The worst brings out our best,” West Bend Mutual Insurance Company has set the bar high for the service it provides. Based on customer reviews, it seems that that standard has been met. With policies that give customers the chance to bundle auto and home for one price, and a library of add-ons to fit any household’s needs, West Bend Auto Insurance is an excellent choice for any family looking for a centralized insurance policy.
This company is particularly aware of how milestones affect your insurance needs and offers tailored options through its Home and Highway bundling program.
On top of bundling, plenty of discounts are available for good drivers and preventive measures, so there’s a good chance you’ll find an affordable option that meets your needs through West Bend.
West Bend Car Insurance Quotes and Discounts
Auto insurance policies are never one size fits all. Your driving habits, record, and budget all play a factor in what company is the best for you.
Auto Insurance Quotes Comparison: West Bend vs. Competitors
To see how West Bend stacks up to its competition, we compared car insurance quotes from West Bend, GEICO, and Progressive. Below are the average car insurance quotes for drivers under 40 in Wisconsin:
Insurance company Quote
West Bend $29/month
And here are the average car insurance rates for drivers in Wisconsin with a speeding ticket:
Insurance company Quote
West Bend $57/month
Finally, these are the average car insurance rates for Wisconsin drivers with an accident on their driving record:
Insurance company Quote
West Bend $40/month
West Bend’s car insurance rates are quite similar to those from Progressive and GEICO. While West Bend’s prices are the highest out of the three for Wisconsin drivers with a speeding ticket, its quotes are about the same as Progressive and GEICO for drivers under 40, and even lower than its counterparts for drivers with an accident on their record.
Drivers Can SAVE with these Discounts from West Bend
West Bend gives drivers the chance to save with discounts rewarding good behavior in every stage of life.
Good drivers can save just from being safe on the road and not having accidents on their driving records.
For younger drivers, having good grades or being a resident student can also knock some dollars off your premium.
Certain professionals also qualify for discounts through West Bend’s Association Plus program. Teachers, CPAs, Lawyers, and members of other corporations and nonprofit organizations could take advantage of these group discounts.
With tons of bundling options available, car drivers can save on multi-vehicle policies, as well as by bundling other insurance products with their auto insurance policy.
To learn whether you qualify for any of these discounts, you’ll need to get in touch with your independent insurance agent.
These West Bend discount options all vary by state:
- Safe Driver
- Multi-car policy
- Good Student
- Resident Student
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Anti-Theft Device
- AssociationPlus – membership to certain associations or organizations
States Where West Bend Car Insurance is Offered
West Bend Mutual has expanded from its Wisconsin roots to writing auto insurance policies in 11 states across the midwest.
Policies are available in:
While standard coverages don’t seem to vary by state, TravelNet, the optional roadside assistance add-on, is only available in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Indiana.
Click here to find the cheapest car insurance quotes in your state.
West Bend Auto Insurance Coverages
The West Bend site doesn’t specify the kinds of auto policy offerings that are currently available; however, drivers can learn more about specific coverages by consulting with an agent.
If you’re not sure where to start when asking about auto insurance policies, here are the most common coverages that are either state requirements or typical add-ons:
- Liability (BI/PD): No one likes to be at fault in an accident, but sometimes it happens. When it does, liability insurance helps pay for bodily injury or property damage sustained by the other vehicle, driver, and passengers in an accident.
- Comprehensive/Collision: When you’re at fault, or circumstances outside your control happen, comprehensive and collision coverage help pay for damage to your own vehicle.
- Personal Injury Protection: Also called PIP, this coverage helps pay for medical expenses to you and your family if you’re involved in an accident – regardless of who’s at fault. This can include medical bills, lost wages, and even funeral expenses.
- Rental car coverage: A common add-on that helps pay for rental car costs if your car is tied up in the shop after an accident. Just be aware that this coverage often functions as a reimbursement, so you may have to front the money at the time of rental.
Other Special Auto Coverages Offered by West Bend Insurance
Beyond the standard offerings, West Bend has additional auto programs and add-on policies to keep you safe at an affordable price.
- Cash Back Program: West Bend clearly values safe drivers, and the proof is in the payment. With the Cash Back program, policyholders that have a claim-free year are rewarded with a cash payment for a portion of that year’s premium—no strings attached.
- Home and Highway: With a wide range of policy offerings that extend beyond just auto, West Bend makes it easy to reap a discount and manage your policies. This bundle is customizable, but generally includes policy options both for auto and property coverages. The best part? Home and Highway policies have just one premium and one deductible for your covered property, making it simple to manage.
- Roadside Assistance: TravelNet is West Bend’s roadside assistance program available as an add-on to your Home and Highway policy. Giving you peace of mind with 24/7 service, this policy is currently only available in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Indiana.
- Classic Car Insurance: West Bend makes it easy and affordable to protect your classic car, and still enjoy it. With lower premiums than standard auto policies, zero deductible, and no limits on use, you can show off your car worry-free, whether you’re at a show or out for a Sunday spin.
Other Insurance Products Offered by West Bend Insurance
West Bend offers a variety of other personal and business insurance products. However, many of the personal insurance add-ons come as part of a Home and Highway bundle. It’s not clear what the minimum requirements are for this program, so be sure to check with your agent if you’re only interested in some coverages.
- Homeowners and Condo Owners Insurance: West Bend’s homeowners policies come in tiers to give you the level of protection you need. The standard package covers loss of valuables like jewelry, and costs incurred if your pet is injured or killed. Planning for the future is easy with a Protector policy, as it takes into account inflation for future costs, and covers a portion of what you may owe to any neighborhood or condo associations. If you opt for more extensive coverage with a Protector Premium or Protector Grand policy, you could offset costs for things like sewer overflow and water damage, or spoiled perishables due to a power outage.
- Renters: Just because you don’t own your own home doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t protect what’s inside. Renters insurance provides similar coverage as homeowners insurance, although the nuts and bolts of what that includes aren’t posted online. Renters hoping to benefit from the Home and Highway program should ask their independent agent for the specifics.
- Identity Theft: If you’re worried about keeping your personal information safe, an Identity Theft policy will provide support if your information has been stolen. This policy provides assistance when your email, social media, or device becomes compromised, or in cases of phishing, or data breaching.
- Personal Umbrella Insurance picks up where your other policies end. When settlements leave you liable for more than your policy limit after a car accident or incident in your home, Personal Umbrella Insurance covers the gap between your standard policy and what you owe.
- Sport and Recreational Vehicle Insurance: Motorcycles, RVs, boats, and campers can all be covered under a Sport and Recreational Vehicle Policy.
- Business Insurance: Also offered through its network of independent insurance agencies, Business Insurance policies can cover many aspects of a business. Some of these include property, liability, business auto, business umbrella, and workers’ compensation insurance.
How Can I Buy Auto Insurance from West Bend?
West Bend Auto Insurance policies are sold through its network of over 1,000 independent agents across the midwest. To start building the policy that’s right for you, visit or call your local office.
Not sure where to look? You can use the agency locator by visiting thesilverlining.com. Here you can search by ZIP code or address to find your nearest agency.
How Can I Pay for My West Bend Car Insurance Policy?
Policyholders can pay for their West Bend Auto insurance by funds transfer, phone, online portal, or mail.
Electronic Funds Transfer, or EFT, is an excellent option for those who tend to forget when a premium payment is due. To enroll, you’ll need to submit an EFT Authorization form to West Bend, either by mail or by fax.
Phone payments are also possible by calling the toll free line: 1 (800) 236-5002.
To make a secure payment online, log into your account by visiting West Bend’s official website.
To mail in a payment, address your check to:
West Bend Mutual Insurance
1900 South 18th Avenue
West Bend, WI 53095
How Often Will West Bend Increase My Premiums?
Premium increases are never a fun surprise. However, drivers can see their rates increase following a claim, a move to a new location, or failing to qualify for a previous discount.
To prepare for a potential premium increase, discuss your concerns with your local agent—they can provide more insight as to what to look out for, and how you’ll be notified in the event your rates do change.
How Does West Bend’s Claims Process Work?
If you’ve been in an accident, West Bend makes it easy to report a claim no matter what time it is. To start the claims process, call the toll free line at 1 (877) 922-5246, 24/7.
While processing times may vary, the company website advertises that 24-hour claims settlement is possible. Whether or not you get such a quick payment, the associate on the phone can answer any and all questions about the process, so you understand how to move forward.
As with any company, you’ll want to make sure you have all of the information handy that you might need to process your claim. This includes your policy number, information about the accident, the police report, and information about any injured parties if necessary.
Calling in a claim is the preferred method; however, it’s also possible to start the claims process by calling or visiting your independent agency, or by sending a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can I Cancel My West Bend Car Insurance Policy?
Sometimes when life changes, your old auto insurance policy just doesn’t make sense for you anymore. If the time has come for you to change insurers, you can cancel your West Bend Insurance policy by calling or visiting your local agent. Just be sure to find out about any possible fees before officially cutting the cord.
Before getting in touch, you should line up another auto insurance policy. Going for any amount of time without auto coverage leaves you vulnerable in case of an accident. Additionally, many companies reward drivers with discounts if they have continuous coverage, so there’s added benefit to planning ahead.
When you’re ready to make a change, using a site like Insurify can help you compare quotes based on your real needs, helping you find the best value in a car insurance company.
How Much Does Uber/Lyft Coverage Cost with West Bend?
West Bend may offer rideshare coverage in certain states, but the website offers few specifics.
What is clear is that a standard personal auto policy would not extend to cover a claim related to a rideshare incident. A business auto policy could be suitable, but restrictions may apply. If you’re an Uber or Lyft driver hoping to take advantage of West Bend’s other insurance products, check with your local agent to find out if you qualify for this particular kind of coverage.
Insurance Companies Similar to West Bend
If West Bend doesn’t meet all your needs, you might consider larger national companies that also offer the option to work with independent agencies. Allstate and GEICO are two national brands that not only work with independent agents but also a wide range of policy bundling options like West Bend.
Dairyland is also a popular choice for Midwestern drivers.
West Bend Customer Satisfaction and Policyholder Reviews
West Bend has overwhelmingly positive reviews online, bringing truth to its slogan: “The worst brings out our best.” It has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2010 and maintains an A+ rating.
Customers regularly highlight caring customer service reps, affordable payments, and a simple, transparent claims process:
Although negative reviews are few and far between, some do note difficulty getting in touch and delays in issuing payments following a claim:
Overall, negative reviews are outliers in West Bend’s online record, and customer service and claims processing seem to run as smoothly as the company claims.
West Bend Mobile App Review
Although a West Bend Insurance app does exist, its functionality is somewhat limited.
Policyholders can log into the app and use it as a checklist in the event of an accident, but it seems that’s all it’s suitable for. It is a handy reminder in a stressful time of what actions to take, like taking photos, but it does not appear that you can actually submit a claim through the app.
Reviews are limited, although it averages 4.2 stars on the App Store, and one user notes that it’s not even possible to view your policy details from the app, a feature many expect and appreciate in an auto insurance phone app.
You can certainly download the app, but the detailed website will prove much more useful for most.
App store Ratings (Out of 5) User reviews
Mobile App (iOS) 4.2 10
Mobile App (Android) 2.4 21
Frequently Asked Questions: West Bend Car Insurance
Who owns West Bend Insurance?
West Bend is a mutual insurance company. This means that the owners are the policyholders themselves.
How can I get a copy of my West Bend Auto Insurance card?
To access your policy information, you can log onto the online portal by visiting insured.thesilverling.com. From here, you can view your policy number and request a replacement card if you’ve lost yours.
How can I file a claim with West Bend Insurance?
West Bend policyholders can report a claim either by phone or email, although a call to the central claims line at 1 (877) 922-5246 is preferred. Associates are available at this line 24/7. If you’d rather not call the main number, you can also get the process started by calling your local agent, or by sending an email to email@example.com. Like many life events, having a new claim on your record could cause an increase in your premium. If that’s the case, you may want to compare quotes with other companies to make sure you’re still getting the best deal on your car insurance policy. A site like Insurify can help you compare quotes based on your unique profile.
Is West Bend the cheapest car insurance in your area?
West Bend offers a wide range of auto insurance policies, as well as other personal insurance products to cover your other property. With wide-ranging discounts that take advantage of its many bundling options and rewards for safe drivers, it can be an affordable option for some households.
However, the only way to be sure you’re getting the best rate is by comparing quotes on a site like Insurify. Your auto insurance policy should meet all of your unique needs, taking into account where you live, your driving history, other coverage you need, and more. Without comparing quotes based on your personal driver profile, it’s impossible to know what the best and cheapest car insurance is for you.
West Bend Auto Insurance Overview
West Bend Mutual Insurance Company has been around for over 125 years and is based in West Bend, Wisconsin. Its policy offerings are comprehensive, covering personal vehicles, rented or owned homes, and everything in between.
The company is financially stable, with a minimum A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best for nearly 40 years. With overwhelmingly positive reviews touting its friendly customer service and claims processing, West Bend is a worthy contender for Midwestern drivers.
West Bend Contact Information
Customer service phone number 1 (262) 334-5571
Customer service email address Online form
Headquarters address 1900 South 18th Avenue, West Bend, WI 53095
Claims service phone number 1 (877) 922-5246
Claims service email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Website URL www.thesilverlining.com