Commonwealth Casualty Insurance Company has been providing affordable car insurance to drivers from all backgrounds in Arizona and Texas since 2010.
Who Benefits Most and Least from Commonwealth Casualty Insurance?
- Responsible drivers who can take advantage of Commonwealth Casualty’s vanishing deductible
- Those who prefer to support local businesses over national chains
- Homeowners and renters who can bundle property insurance with auto insurance policies for a discount
Not the Best For…
- Anyone living outside of Texas or Arizona, the only two states where Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance is available
- Drivers who want the option to manage their policy via a mobile app
- Those who prefer to report and follow their claims online
Commonwealth Casualty: Simple insurance for southwest drivers
Commonwealth Casualty started in 2010 to provide affordable insurance options to all. Founded and headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, policies are currently only available in its home state, and Texas. Not only does it boast an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, but customers seem overwhelmingly pleased with the cost of premiums and customer service, according to customer reviews online. Although the website is bare-bones, there is just enough information to understand policy offerings, and help is just a phone call away with a centralized customer service line.
Commonwealth Casualty Car Insurance Quotes and Discounts
When it comes to auto insurance, there’s no one size fits all option. Car insurance quotes and discounts can vary from company to company, depending on where you live, your driving history, and other insurance needs.
To ensure you get the best deal and coverage through your insurance carrier, use a comparison site like Insurify to compare auto insurance quotes specific to your situation.
Auto Insurance Quotes Comparison: Commonwealth Casualty vs. Competitors
To see how Commonwealth Casualty’s quotes stacked up to its competition, Insurify’s data team gathered car insurance quotes from Commonwealth Casualty, Progressive, and GEICO.
Below are the car insurance quotes for a 30-year-old female living in Houston, Texas:
The team then compared the driver’s quotes if she were to get a speeding ticket for going at 75 mph in a 50 mph zone:
Finally, the team compared the driver’s quotes for if she were to have an at-fault accident:
For the quotes we ran, Commonwealth Casualty’s rates were comparable to those from GEICO, but a much higher than those from Progressive. But remember, car insurance rates differ widely based on factors like your age, driving record, the car you drive, and the state you live in. Just because Progressive had the lowest quotes available for this driver persona, doesn’t mean it’ll have the lowest quotes for you. That’s why you should compare car insurance quotes every single time.
You never know which company will have the cheapest quotes for you. Consider using a comparison website like Insurify, which can make this process infinitely easier by letting you compare up to 20 different insurance companies all at once.
Drivers Can SAVE with these Discounts from Commonwealth Casualty
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance policyholders can save on their premiums two major ways: through a multi-policy discount, and with a vanishing deductible.
Opting for additional coverage through Commonwealth Casualty to protect your home, either rented or owned, can help you save in the long run. Multi-policy discounts apply to multiple vehicles, and by combining an auto policy with homeowners or renters insurance.
Responsible drivers can also save with the vanishing deductible program. You can knock $100 off your deductible per year if you don’t miss any payments, and don’t have any claims on your record. Just note that this benefit maxes out at an overall discount of $500.
States Where Commonwealth Casualty Car Insurance is Offered
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance policies are currently available in Arizona and Texas.
Click here to find the cheapest car insurance quotes in your state.
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Coverages
- Liability (BI/PD): Liability coverage is required in both Arizona and Texas. This helps cover the cost of damage to another person or vehicle if you are at fault in an accident. Bodily Injury helps pay for medical costs sustained by the other driver or passengers in the other vehicle. Property Damage helps cover repair costs to the other car.
- Comprehensive/Collision: When you’re in an accident, the last thing you want to worry about is how much it’ll cost to get your vehicle up and running again. Comprehensive and collision policies help pay for certain kinds of damage to your car, but in different scenarios. Collision covers costs when another vehicle is involved, whereas comprehensive helps pay for damages incurred by an “Act of God” like a storm or a hit and run driver.
- Rental car coverage: Opting for rental car coverage can help ensure your daily life goes uninterrupted, even after a car accident. With Commonwealth Insurance, you can up for coverage that reimburses either $20 or $30 per day of rental usage following a covered incident.
- Medical Payments: Medical Payments coverage helps cover the cost of necessary medical bills if you or your passengers are injured in an accident.
Other Special Auto Coverages Offered by Commonwealth Casualty Insurance
In addition to your regular auto policy, Commonwealth Casualty offers other add-ons to meet all of your auto insurance needs.
- Vanishing deductible: Commonwealth Casualty offers a special incentive to keep your payments current and your record clean. With a vanishing deductible, policyholders get a $100 discount off the policy deductible for each consecutive year as a customer with no late payments or claims on your policy, with a maximum discount of $500—an enormous savings opportunity for responsible drivers.
- Named driver restriction removal: Typically, an insurance policy with Commonwealth Casualty only covers you as the driver in your vehicle. If you lend your car to a friend for a day and they’re in an accident, your regular policy wouldn’t cover it. The named driver restriction removal coverage allows infrequent users of your vehicle residing outside your household to be covered under your policy.
- Roadside assistance: Commonwealth Casualty offers a roadside assistance program that provides 24/7 hour emergency assistance for basic needs like towing, emergency fuel delivery, flat tire assistance, and battery jumpstarts.
Other Insurance Products Offered by Commonwealth Casualty Insurance
Commonwealth Insurance products extend beyond car policies to protect other parts of your life.
- Homeowners Insurance: A homeowners insurance policy with Commonwealth Insurance can include coverage for liability to protect you against property damage or lawsuits, protection for valuables like jewelry and computers, and water backup and service line repairs like piping and wiring.
- Renters Insurance: In addition to liability coverage, you can protect yourself against the costs of things like loss of use of your unit, or stolen valuables like jewelry and laptops.
- Rideshare Coverage: Commonwealth Casualty offers a rideshare endorsement for Uber and Lyft drivers. This additional coverage helps fill in the gaps where the transportation network company’s (TNC) deductible leaves off.
How Can I Buy Auto Insurance from Commonwealth Casualty?
If you’re ready to make the switch to Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance, you can get a quote online, or visit an independent agent. You can find a local agent with the Commonwealth Casualty ZIP code search feature on the company website.
Before making the switch, make sure you’ve considered all of your options by comparing quotes. Insurify shows you all of your policy options based on your needs, helping you find the best deal and coverage for you.
How Can I Pay for My Commonwealth Casualty Car Insurance Policy?
There are two ways you can pay for your Commonwealth Casualty Car Insurance policy—over the phone, or online.
To pay by phone, you can call the customer service line at 1 (877) 603-1310.
To make a payment online with a debit or credit card, you can log onto the customer portal via the main website at commonwealthcasualty.com.
How Often Will Commonwealth Casualty Increase My Premiums?
Car insurance premiums can increase for a variety of reasons, like getting into an accident and having a new claim on your record, or moving to a new neighborhood.
While Commonwealth Casualty doesn’t specify how often or exactly when customers could see their rates go up, it does offer a vanishing deductible. This gives drivers the chance to slash the amount of their deductible by up to $100 a year (up to $500 total) for having a claims-free year, with no missed payments.
How Does Commonwealth Casualty’s Claims Process Work?
Although limited resources are available through the company website, it appears that claims processing is handled entirely by phone.
Policyholders that need to file a claim, or want to check in on an existing claim, can do so by calling the main customer service line at 1 (877) 603-1310.
Reporting a claim almost always requires the same essential details. Before you call, make sure you gather all the information related to the accident possible. This includes your policy number, the details of the accident, photos, the name of the other involved party, and police report details if you have one.
Reviews are mixed when it comes to processing times. However, with any company, there can be delays in claims processing depending on the specifics of your policy and the complexity of the claim.
How Can I Cancel My Commonwealth Casualty Car Insurance Policy?
If you need to cancel your Commonwealth Casualty Car Insurance policy, start by calling the customer service line at 1 (877) 603-1310. A customer service representative can advise you on the timeline and any applicable fees.
Make sure you line up another car insurance policy before you cancel your current one. Having a lapse in coverage leaves you unprotected in case of an accident, and can make future policies more expensive. Using a site like Insurify to compare quotes tailored to your needs is the best way to find a new auto insurance policy at a great value.
How Much Does Uber/Lyft Coverage Cost with Commonwealth Casualty?
Uber and Lyft drivers can add on a rideshare endorsement through Commonwealth Casualty. This will help cover the cost of the liability that falls outside the rideshare company’s commercial insurance policy.
Insurance Companies Similar to Commonwealth Casualty
Although Commonwealth Casualty is a regional insurer, it competes with large national brands like State Farm, Allstate, and Progressive. These nationwide insurers offer similar options to work with a local agent or to manage your policy online and could offer competitive rates depending on your situation.
According to Insurify’s internal database of over 2 million car insurance applications and analysis of external sources, people who now hold Commonwealth Casualty auto insurance policies switched over from these companies:
- State Farm
- The General
Commonwealth Casualty Customer Satisfaction and Policyholder Reviews
In its short history, Commonwealth Casualty has built a loyal following of customers who leave overall positive reviews online. Additionally, it boasts an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and has been accredited since 2016.
While there aren’t very many reviews online in total, most that do exist are positive in nature. Customers like supporting a regional business over a large corporation, and appreciate the friendly and helpful customer service:
However, some feel that the claims processing timeline takes too long:
Commonwealth Casualty Mobile App Review
Commonwealth Casualty does not currently offer a mobile app.
Frequently Asked Questions: Commonwealth Casualty Car Insurance
How can I file a claim with Commonwealth Casualty Auto?
Commonwealth Casualty’s claims processing is handled entirely by phone. To get started, gather all the information you need and call the customer service line at 1 (877) 603-1310.
How can I pay my Commonwealth Casualty bill?
Commonwealth Casualty policyholders can make payments online or by phone using a debit or credit card. To make an online payment, have your policy number handy and visit the company website at commonwealthcasualty.com. To make a phone payment, simply call the main customer service line at 1 (877) 603-1310 and follow the prompts to make a payment.
Where is Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance available?
Currently, Commonwealth Casualty offers policies in its home state of Arizona, as well as Texas. No matter where you live, you should compare quotes online to ensure you’re getting the best price on the coverage you need. Insurify lets you compare quotes based on your unique needs.
Is Commonwealth Casualty the cheapest car insurance in your area?
Commonwealth Casualty can offer some Arizona and Texas drivers an affordable car insurance premium, but it may not be the cheapest for everyone. Car insurance needs are unique from person to person, and there’s no one-size-fits-all option when it comes to coverage and price.
If you’re looking to get the best deal on car insurance that you feel protected with, it’s crucial to compare rates using a website like Insurify. You’ll be able to see quotes personalized to your unique needs.
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Overview
Commonwealth Casualty Insurance Agency is a newer insurance carrier, opening up shop in 2010. Based in Phoenix, Arizona, the company aims to serve drivers from all walks of life at an affordable price point in Arizona and Texas.
The Better Business Bureau gives Commonwealth Casualty an A+ rating, and online reviews tout a friendly and responsive customer service team. For Arizona and Texas drivers looking to support a regional company, Commonwealth Casualty is worth considering.
Commonwealth Casualty Contact Information
|Customer service phone number||+1 (877) 603-1310|
|Headquarters address||2500 North 24th Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85008|
|Roadside assistance phone number||+1 (844) 447-3972