As we work together to slow the spread of COVID-19, state insurance commissions and insurance providers are constantly changing regulations and practices surrounding monthly payments, claim payouts, and more. To stay up to date with the latest on auto insurance reimbursements in your area, be sure to check with your state’s insurance commission and your current auto insurance provider.
If your driving habits have changed due to COVID-19, find a new, cheaper, ready-to-buy auto insurance policy on Insurify by comparing dozens of quotes at once.
COVID-19 Update [May 8, 5:39 PM]
Westfield personal auto customers will receive a 15 percent credit of their eligible monthly auto premium for the months of April, May, and June 2020.
Now more than ever, you shouldn’t be overpaying for car insurance. Make sure you’re getting the best deal for the lowest price by comparing car insurance on Insurify.
Score savings on car insurance with Insurify
For 170 years, Westfield Insurance has been an insurance provider people trust. The company’s ongoing commitment to service and affordability makes it a popular choice for drivers seeking out quality auto insurance.
Who Benefits Most and Least from Westfield Insurance?
- People looking to bundle home and auto insurance
- Drivers with impressive credit scores
- Drivers who want to add a motorcycle or recreational vehicle to their policy
Not the Best For…
- Drivers who regularly rent cars
- Uber or Lyft drivers looking for rideshare coverage
- Drivers looking for an accident forgiveness program
Westfield Insurance: With 170 years of experience, it’s no wonder so many people put their trust in Westfield
Before there were cars, there was Westfield Insurance. Since 1848, Westfield has helped families stay covered at an affordable price. Today, the company provides personal insurance to 10 states and commercial insurance to 21 states. Along the way, this Ohio-based provider has become a trusted partner for drivers looking to stay on the roads safely and affordably.
One thing that really sets Westfield apart is the value. The company is known for its low premiums and plenty of discounts that help you save even more. And its WesPak program makes it easy to bundle Westfield home and auto insurance policies, which provides you with even more value. Westfield also knows you want a flexible policy, which is why the company lets you easily add optional coverages like motorcycle insurance or recreational vehicle insurance.
Still, one drawback of Westfield auto insurance is that it’s only available in 10 states, so not all drivers can enjoy these benefits. And because Westfield is a smaller provider, it might not offer specialty features you’re looking for, like rideshare coverage.
So, is Westfield Insurance the right provider for you?
Westfield Car Insurance Quotes and Discounts
When you’re considering working with a car insurance company, it’s important to understand how it stacks up against the competition. That’s why comparing quotes is the cornerstone of the policy-buying process. To give you a better idea of Westfield Car Insurance’s place in the insurance landscape, here’s how its quotes compare to competitors.
Auto Insurance Quotes Comparison: Westfield vs. Competitors
In this instance, Westfield is the cheapest coverage option for drivers under the age of 40, coming in slightly below Progressive and GEICO. This just shows that for young drivers, Westfield is a compelling option.
What if you have a speeding ticket on your record? If so, here are the monthly rates you can expect from these three companies:
If you’re a driver with a speeding ticket, Westfield is a cheap option, but not the cheapest. Its average rate is a dollar higher than GEICO, but eight dollars less than Progressive.
Do you have an at-fault accident on your record? If so, these are the average monthly rates you can expect from these three companies:
Accidents happen. And if you’ve been involved in one, Westfield might be the choice for you. Compared to GEICO and Progressive, Westfield boasts the lowest rates by a fairly comfortable margin.
Keep in mind, these prices are calculated before taking discounts into account. So you might not see these exact prices while shopping for insurance. So always be sure to do your research and compare auto insurance quotes online.
Drivers Can SAVE with these Discounts from Westfield
Westfield Insurance Company offers plenty of opportunities to save thanks to its generous discounts. Its most significant discount is the Good Credit Discount, which rewards savings of up to 47 percent for drivers who have built a strong credit history.
Another can’t-miss discount from Westfield is its Passive Restraint Discount. This is a popular type of discount that is offered to drivers who have cars with a wide array of built-in security features—such as airbags or automatic-locking seat belts. For Westfield customers, this can lead to savings of up to 30 percent.
Westfield’s Student Away at School Discount is for families who might have a driver who is away at college and unable to regularly drive their car. If this is the case, you can save up to 25 percent.
Here are a few of the other notable discounts Westfield offers:
|Multiple Vehicle Discount||up to 22 percent|
|Multiple Policy Discount||up to 20 percent|
|Anti-Theft Device Discount||up to 15 percent|
|teenSMART Discount||up to 15 percent|
|Defensive Driver Discount||up to 10 percent|
|Good Student Discount||up to 7 percent|
|Anti-lock Brake Discount||up to 5 percent|
States Where Westfield Car Insurance is Offered
Westfield Insurance offers auto insurance in ten states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
These same ten states also offer home insurance and renters insurance through Westfield Insurance. Some of Westfield’s discounts and premiums might vary somewhat on a state-by-state basis. And Westfield’s popular surety services are available in all 50 states.
Click here to find the cheapest car insurance quotes in your state.
Westfield Auto Insurance Coverages
- Liability coverage: When you get in an accident, you need a way to cover the other driver’s injuries and any related property damage. Liability coverage does just this, which means it’s one of the most important types of coverage around and is required in most states.
- Collision coverage: There are plenty of ways you can damage your car. It might be a collision with another car. Or it could mean colliding with a physical object like a tree or guard rail. Collision coverage pays for any repairs that are needed as a result of this collision.
- Comprehensive coverage: A collision isn’t the only way a car can take on damage. Theft, fire, and extreme weather are other common causes of car damage. Comprehensive coverage has your back in these scenarios.
- Medical payments coverage: Medical bills can pile up after an accident. Medical payments coverage ensures you can pay for the care you need without breaking the bank.
- Personal Injury Protection: There are other accident-related expenses you’ll need to keep in mind, like the income you might lose if your injuries keep you out of work for an extended period. That’s where personal injury protection comes in handy. Think of it as a more comprehensive version of medical payments coverage.
- Roadside assistance: Anything can happen on the roads. You might experience a breakdown, lock your keys in your car, get a flat tire, or run out of gas. Westfield’s optional roadside assistance program is there for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anywhere in the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada. Learn more about what to look for in a roadside assistance program here.
Other Special Auto Coverages Offered by Westfield Insurance
When you bundle home insurance and auto insurance with Westfield, you become a member of its Wespak program. This gives you access to some preferred coverage options:
- Loan/lease gap coverage: After you total your car and go to receive payment from your provider, you might find the value of your car is lower than the amount you owe on your car loan. Loan/lease gap coverage is useful in these situations, offering financial protection so that you can pay off your loan in this unfortunate situation. And at Westfield, you can get gap coverage on your motorcycle, RV, or recreational vehicle as well.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: In the event you get in an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver, you’ll definitely want to have this type of coverage. This form of coverage pays off your damages up to a set limit so that you’re protected even if the other driver isn’t.
- Umbrella Insurance: Sometimes an accident can go from bad to worse. In these situations, you might find you need more coverage than your policy allows. If this is the case, umbrella insurance offers an extra safety net of coverage.
Other Insurance Products Offered by Westfield Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance: Protecting your home—and everything inside it—is a top priority for any homeowner. That’s why Westfield offers extensive, flexible homeowners insurance. Home equipment breakdown insurance, replacement cost coverage, flood insurance, and luxury home coverage are just a few of the home insurance products that Westfield offers. And bundling home and auto is a great way to automatically access preferred coverage options, like roadside assistance or replacement cost coverage.
- Renters Insurance: If you aren’t ready to buy a home, you might stick to renting for a while. If that’s the case, you’ll probably want to look into renters insurance that covers any damage or theft of personal property.
- Condo Insurance: While your condo board might handle insuring the condo you live in, you still need a way to protect the interior of your condo—and everything inside it. Westfield’s condo insurance can help, giving you financial protection in the event of a fire, theft, or an injury to a visitor while they’re in your condo.
- Business Insurance: If you own a business, you need more than just personal insurance. That’s why Westfield offers a wide array of business insurance products that will have you covered no matter your industry. Westfield works to make billing simple and minimize the risks that come with running a business. And its commercial insurance products are designed to help small businesses, mid-sized businesses, and large businesses.
- Motorcycle Insurance: If you like to hit the open road on your motorcycle, adding motorcycle coverage to your auto policy is worth considering. This coverage helps you pay for medical bills and repair costs in the event of an accident. And it gets added to your auto policy so that all of your costs are on one bill.
- RV & Camper Insurance: An RV or camper can be the setting of so many family memories. To keep this vehicle protected, Westfield makes it easy to add flexible, personalized RV coverage to your auto policy.
- Boat insurance: Westfield’s boat coverage is extensive. It keeps you and your family protected when you’re out on the water. And other elements are also protected, like your fishing gear, emergency towing services, your boat motor, and auxiliary watercraft.
How Can I Buy Auto Insurance from Westfield?
To buy auto insurance from Westfield, you can go to its website, find an agent near you and meet in person, or call them at 1 (800) 2430-0210.
Westfield works with independent insurance agencies to distribute policies. Clicking the “Find An Agent” button at www.westfieldinsurance.com can connect you with an independent agent in your area who works with Westfield.
Before you buy a policy with Westfield, you might want to compare quotes online to make sure you’re getting the right coverage at the right cost. To do this, check out Insurify to compare real quotes and build your dream policy in just a few minutes.
How Can I Pay for My Westfield Car Insurance Policy?
Westfield gives you plenty of options when it comes to paying for your policy. Here are a few of the ways customers pay for their Westfield auto insurance policy:
- Automatic Online Payment
- Bank Payment/Direct Deposit
- Credit Card Payment
- Debit Card Payments
- Electronic Check
- Online Payment
- Text Payment
- Phone Payment
- Mail Payment
You can sign up with Westfield Easy Pay to take the worry out of missing payments and have your account automatically billed during each payment cycle.
How Often Will Westfield Increase My Premiums?
Anyone who’s owned car insurance before knows how volatile premiums can be. Before doing business with an insurance provider, you probably want a good idea of how much your premiums will go up. Here’s what to expect with Westfield:
- Will my rate go up after the first accident? Westfield doesn’t offer an accident forgiveness program, which means your premiums will likely go up after an accident, assuming you were at fault. Just how much your premiums increase can depend. Never hesitate to reach out to an insurance agent if you feel your premiums have been unfairly increased.
- Will my rate go up if I was not at fault? Insurance providers typically won’t increase your premiums just because you had the misfortune of getting in an accident caused by someone else. In fact, raising rates after a not-at-fault accident is illegal in some states.
- Does the company raise rates for staying on the policy? Based on some Westfield insurance reviews, it appears premiums rose for customers after staying on the policy for a while. Because there is no loyalty discount, you shouldn’t be surprised if you find your premiums rise after a little while—which is why it’s important to seek out car insurance quotes regularly.
- Do they have an accident forgiveness program? Westfield does not offer an accident forgiveness program. Accident forgiveness programs have your back in the event of an accident—meaning your premiums won’t increase. If you’re a driver who values an accident forgiveness program, Westfield might not be the right insurance provider for you.
How Does Westfield’s Claims Process Work?
Filing an insurance claim is never a relaxing, stress-free experience. That’s why many drivers value a provider that is committed to easy, painless claims processing. Here’s how to file a claim with Westfield:
- Filing a claim on the phone: If you prefer to file your claim over the phone, simply call Westfield’s claims hotline at 1 (800) 243-0210. When connected, you’ll be given three options. Click Option 1 if you need Roadside Assistance. Choose Option 2, then select 2 if you’re filing a glass-only claim. And choose Option 2 and select 1 for all other claims.
Keep in mind, you can also file glass claims at Westfield’s online glass claims center.
- Filing a claim online: If you’d rather file a claim online, you can email a Westfield claims representative at WestfieldCCC@westfieldgrp.com. You can also supplement your claim by using the Westfield PhotoQuote mobile app to upload relevant damage photos so that your claim can be processed as accurately as possible.
- Tracking your claim: Westfield prioritizes prompt service and transparency during the claims process. Ideally, your claim will be processed, and your payment will be delivered promptly. Don’t hesitate to call the claims hotline if you’d like to check in on the status of your claim at any time.
- Westfield’s pre-approved vendors: Westfield works with some vendors they trust. Although you can take your repairs wherever you’d like, Westfield ensures high-quality service when you join its Preferred Body Shop Program. The shops included in this program meet Westfield’s high standards and are monitored regularly to ensure a consistently high level of service. Working with this network of body shops gives you access to free estimates, convenient locations, accredited personnel, and a limited lifetime warranty on all repairs.
- What do customers think of the Westfield claims process? In general, customers appreciate the many different ways Westfield enables drivers to file claims. Its service is also rated highly, with customers noting that Westfield employees call back promptly and treat them respectfully.
How Can I Cancel My Westfield Car Insurance Policy?
If you want to cancel your Westfield auto insurance policy, reach out to your Westfield Independent Agent. If you don’t have an agent, you can find one using the Find An Agent tool on the Westfield official site.
To cancel your insurance policy, you will likely need proof of new insurance. After all, a lapse in coverage is illegal in most states, so you’ll need to immediately find a new policy if you’re planning on canceling your Westfield policy. The proof of new insurance letter will likely be mailed to you by your new provider. Any other documents needed, such as proof of plate forfeiture, can be found at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Again, you’ll want to get new insurance right away and make sure it activates on the day your Westfield policy officially ends. Want to make sure your next insurance policy turns out to be your dream policy? Then explore your insurance options and compare quotes from top companies on Insurify.
How Much Does Uber/Lyft Coverage Cost with Westfield?
At this time, Westfield Insurance Company does not offer rideshare coverage. If you’re an Uber or Lyft driver looking for coverage while you’re on the job, Westfield might not be the provider for you.
Insurance Companies Similar to Westfield
Between low premiums and generous discounts, Westfield Insurance is an attractive option for drivers seeking out a value-driven provider. But because you’re getting such low prices, Westfield doesn’t offer every add-on feature you might need, like accident forgiveness or rideshare coverage.
If you’re looking for a similarly affordable auto insurer that also offers accident forgiveness, you might want to look into Erie Insurance. Available in many of the same states, Erie offers Rate Lock to keep rates from rising—along with discounts that keep rates low. Better yet, they offer accident forgiveness.
With a useful student discount, Westfield is great for younger drivers. Other companies that appeal to drivers thanks to student discounts include GEICO and Allstate. Because these are nationwide companies, they’re available in all 50 states and include more coverage options, such as rideshare coverage and rental car coverage.
According to Insurify’s internal database of over 2 million car insurance applications and analysis of external sources, people who previously held Westfield auto insurance policies most often switched to the following companies:
Westfield Customer Satisfaction and Policyholder Reviews
Reviewers generally have positive things to say about their experience with Westfield Insurance. Julia appreciated that her rates stayed consistent:
Meanwhile, Abdalmatin was very satisfied with the customer experience, but was disappointed that his prices increased:
Maureen bundled home and auto with Westfield but found that the savings weren’t sufficient:
Westfield Insurance received an A+ grade from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), indicating the highest level of customer satisfaction. Still, not all of the Westfield Insurance reviews on the BBB website are positive. A few customers described a frustrating claims process:
Leslie cited a lack of responsiveness, especially when trying to cancel a Westfield insurance policy:
Overall, customers appreciate the rates they get from Westfield—especially when they don’t increase year to year. Despite these positives, not every customer can speak to a satisfying customer experience.
Westfield Mobile App Review
The Westfield PhotoQuote mobile app is available for iOS and Android users. It’s designed to give Westfield customers an easy way to upload damage photos of their vehicle while filing a claim. All you need to do is enter your claim number, enter your phone number, then take photos of your car from several different angles. Then an agent will reach out with the next steps.
Compared to mobile apps from other insurance companies, Westfield’s app does not appear to allow you to pay bills or track claims. Instead, the app’s functionality is limited to uploading claim-related pictures. Because of this, the app does not appear to be central to the customer experience.
Reviews don’t mention Westfield’s mobile app too often. In the Apple and Google Play stores, the app only has a few ratings. Although the ratings are positive, it seems the app isn’t a major factor for Westfield Insurance customers.
Frequently Asked Questions: Westfield Car Insurance
How easy is Westfield Insurance to deal with?
Westfield Insurance makes it simple to get in touch with agents whenever you have an issue. They have an easy-to-use website and 24-hour roadside assistance program, which means getting help when you need it is seamless. While Westfield boasts a well-trained group of employees, a few customer reviews cite frustrating customer experiences.
How much will my Westfield Insurance premiums go up after a claim?
Because Westfield doesn’t offer accident forgiveness, your premiums could go up after filing a claim. Just how much your premiums will increase varies on a case-by-case basis. Making use of Westfield’s many discounts is a good way to ensure your rates stay low even after filing a claim.
How do Westfield’s insurance rates compare to other companies?
Car insurance rates tend to vary based on your state, driving record and other background information. Comparing car insurance quotes side by side on Insurify is the best way to guarantee you’re getting your dream policy at a good price.
Is Westfield the cheapest car insurance in your area?
Westfield is an affordable option for drivers of all types. If you’re a driver in one of the ten states that work with Westfield Insurance, you might want to consider the company’s car insurance products if you’re looking for a good deal.
Still, it’s important to do your research before making a decision. So comparing car insurance quotes across a wide array of providers is the best way to ensure you’re getting the right coverage at the right price.
Enter Insurify. Using Insurify helps you compare real quotes side by side so that you can be confident you’re getting the best deal on car insurance.
Westfield Auto Insurance Overview
Westfield Insurance Company was founded in 1848 by a small group of Ohio farmers who wanted to work together to protect their property. Over the next 170 years, Westfield Insurance has grown to become a trusted insurance provider, offering commercial insurance in 21 states and personal insurance in 10 states. Its surety products are also available in all 50 states.
Headquartered in Westfield Center, OH, Westfield offers car insurance for states in parts of the Midwest and Northeast. Drivers who shop at Westfield have access to a wide array of insurance products, such as liability insurance, collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, umbrella insurance, and more. These auto insurance products can also be bundled with the company’s diverse range of home insurance coverages.
Westfield has a financial strength rating of A from A.M. Best, indicating excellence in terms of meeting ongoing insurance and contract obligations. Westfield also has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, indicating the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Ed Largent is the current President and CEO of Westfield Insurance.
Westfield Contact Information
|Customer service phone number||1 (800) 243-0210|
|Roadside assistance phone number||1 (877) 787-9078|
|Customer service email address||WestfieldCCC@westfieldgrp.com|
|Headquarters address||One Park Circle, PO Box 5001, Westfield Center, OH 44251|
|Claims service phone number||1 (800) 243-0210|