Being a first responder comes with a lot of sacrifices. If your job has you helping the community, whether you’re a firefighter, EMT, paramedic, or emergency volunteer, your commitment to your community can actually help you save on car insurance costs.
With all the hard work you do for others as a first responder, you deserve to save on car insurance. Insurify can help you find the best rates and auto policies that earn you first responder discounts. With Insurify’s comparison tool, you can compare quotes based on your personal profile.
Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for First Responders
First responders make great customers for insurance companies, which is why it’s a fairly common discount category. While it may seem like these companies just want to reward you for your service, there are some real reasons why you deserve a discount. Chief among them is what your job says about you. As a first responder, you’re likely responsible and understand the rules of the road and safety. This means you’re less likely to need to file a claim, and therefore “lower risk.”
Additionally, these jobs are pretty reliable. A reliable employer makes a reliable customer, and companies know there’s a good chance you’ll stay on top of your premiums when you have a steady paycheck from the fire department or municipal government.
Here are some of the best rates for first responders:
Bristol West $84/mo
Liberty Mutual $106/mo
Commonwealth Casualty $115/mo
Best Car Insurance Companies for First Responders
There are lots of great insurance companies out there, but only some really cater to first responders. Check out these companies that offer discounts for firefighters, EMTs, and paramedics.
- Farmers: Farmers offers a professional group discount, which includes first responders like firefighters, EMTs, and paramedics.
- Nationwide: First responders qualify for Nationwide’s affinity member discount as a professional group.
- California Casualty: California Casualty is a little different from the other companies on our list. Its main goal is to provide affordable insurance to first responders, so you can bet it’s a good option to consider. Firefighters and nurses can get tailored coverage from California Casualty.
- Country Financial: Country Financial’s occupation discount can save firefighters, EMTs, and paramedics up to 5 percent.
Car Insurance Discounts for First Responders
As a first responder, you’re most likely to qualify for a membership discount that is frequently offered. Just by working in the field that you do, you can save money on your car insurance.
But being a first responder isn’t the only way you can save on your auto insurance. Firefighters, EMTs, paramedics, and certain volunteers are likely to qualify for some of these other common auto insurance discount programs as well.
- Safe driver: First responders are more likely to drive safely due to safety training. If you have a clean driving record, you’ll likely qualify for this common discount that rewards you for being safe on the road. To qualify for these types of discounts, you usually need to be accident-free for a certain period of time.
- Good student: Some EMTs, paramedics, and volunteer firefighters are also students working to pay for their education. Many car insurance companies offer a good student discount for maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA or B average for high school and undergraduate students.
- Military service: If you served your country in the military before serving in your community, you could also qualify for a veteran’s discount.
- Safety features: Driving safely is one thing, but the safety features of your car are another. From airbags to anti-theft devices, the safer your vehicle, the more likely you are to get a good rate on car insurance.
All of our choices for the best car insurance companies for first responders offer additional discounts for accident-free or safe drivers, good students, and safety features. Only some offer discounts for veterans and military personnel.
|Discount Type||Discount Percentage|
|Good Credit Discount||84%|
|Good Driver Discount||40%|
|Passive Restraint Discount||40%|
|Multiple Vehicle Discount||38%|
|Anti-theft Device Discount||36%|
|Driving Training Discount||30%|
|Multiple Policy Discount||25%|
|Defensive Driver Discount||20%|
|Low Mileage Discount||20%|
|Professional Organization Discount||15%|
|Seat Belt Use Discount||15%|
|Mature Driver Discount||10%|
FAQ: First Responder Car Insurance
How can I get cheap car insurance as a first responder?
As a first responder, you could qualify for discounts that reward you for your career choice or volunteer service. Comparing quotes between companies that offer discounts for first responders is a great way to get a head start on saving. There are other ways to save, too. Look out for all the possible discounts a company offers before making a decision. You may find you qualify for more than just a first responder discount, helping you get an affordable policy for your needs.
Where can I compare car insurance quotes online?
Comparing personalized quotes is the best way to get a good rate on your auto insurance policy. Insurify helps you do just that and shows you real-time quotes from carriers across the country, based on your personal data. You’ll find the perfect insurance coverage for your car, your life, and your wallet.
Who gives the best car insurance rates for first responders?
Farmers, Nationwide, California Casualty, and Country Financial are some of the best auto insurance companies for first responders discounts. Each of these has a discount that rewards drivers who are working or volunteering as firefighters, paramedics, or EMTs.
Conclusion: The best and cheapest way to save on car insurance
The best way to save on car insurance is to compare personalized quotes. Even if you think you’re getting a good rate now as a first responder, changes in your employment, address, or driving history can tip the scales toward another company altogether.
When it’s time to shop around, the insurance experts at Insurify are here to help you compare free quotes so you can get the best deal every time. Take two minutes to get a cheap car insurance quote now!