Since 1937, Progressive has offered insurance products nationwide. Although it got its start with auto insurance, Progressive has become a major carrier for renters insurance as well.
Renters should keep in mind that although policy management and quoting is handled through Progressive, your policy is underwritten by one of the many third-party insurance companies in Progressive’s network. This means any adjuster you work with would be from a different company, which could affect your claims experience. Regardless, the variety of discounts make Progressive renters insurance an attractive, affordable option.
Even if it seems like you can save on your policy with standard discounts, remember that your rates depend on you. Your ZIP code, building type, and credit score can all impact your quote.
(Speaking of quotes: to get the best deal on auto or home insurance, visit Insurify to compare quotes easily between companies.)
Progressive Renters Insurance Quotes
Renters insurance policies are some of the cheapest insurance products on the market. The average cost of a Progressive renters insurance policy is $13 to $25 per month.
How to Get a Quote for Progressive Renters Insurance
Getting a quote for Progressive renters insurance is easy. You can get a quote online by visiting progressive.com. If you prefer to chat with a live human, you can also call 1 (866) 749-7436.
Discounts Available for Progressive Renters Insurance
Progressive partners with third party insurance companies to offer renters insurance, but many discounts are available to all policyholders:
- Bundling: If you already have a Progressive auto insurance policy, you’re in luck. You can get a multi-policy discount when you bundle auto and renters insurance.
- Advance quote: Planning ahead pays off with Progressive. Get a quote more than three days before your policy start date for another discount.
- Paperless: Do something good for the environment and ditch the paper. You can sign up for electronic communications only while applying for a quote.
- Paid in full: Month to month payments are always an option, but you can save money by paying for your annual policy upfront.
- Secured or Gated Community: The added security that comes with dedicated staff or a restricted gate keeps your property safer, which means you can save on coverage.
- Single Deductible Benefit: This discount is just for policies underwritten by ASI, which is available in most states. When you bundle auto and renters insurance with Progressive, you can benefit from a single deductible for any claims that involve both policies.
Progressive Renters Insurance Reviews: Here’s what people are saying…
As with many insurance companies, policyholders with little or no claims tend to rate Progressive renters insurance as above average. The quoting and sign up is easy, and staying in touch is simple. It appears that overall, customers find agents attentive and personable as well:
Communication seems to be hit or miss when it comes to policy details. While this comes down to the agent you work with, a lack of consistency can raise some red flags:
Additionally, some potential customers aren’t happy with restrictions on policies. Progressive does note that owning a dog at all can increase your premium, but pet owners should also be aware that certain breeds could have a big impact on your rate:
Progressive Renters Insurance Coverages
Progressive offers a standard renters insurance coverage package, as well as add-on coverages that help protect your belongings. Policies only cover specific events, like fire, vandalism, theft, and some weather damage. It’s important to understand what exactly your plan covers, and any coverage limits, so that you’re not surprised if you need to make a claim.
- Personal property coverage: How much money would you need to shell out if all of your personal belongings were stolen from your rental? Personal property coverage helps to pay for the replacement cost of many big-ticket items, from furniture and clothing to electronics and appliances.
- Loss of use coverage: If you’re forced from your home after a covered loss, living expenses can add up quickly. Loss of use coverage helps pay for things like hotel stays and groceries if you’re displaced from your unit for an extended amount of time.
- Personal liability coverage: We all hope no one gets injured on our property, but when it does happen you could end up in front of a judge. Personal liability coverage helps pay for any associated legal fees or liability payments if you need to go to court for someone else’s injury or damaged property when the incident takes place in your covered unit.
- Medical payments coverage: For straightforward injuries where you may just want to cover the cost of related medical bills for a guest in your home, medical payments coverage can help.
You can also add additional riders to your policy. These are add-on options that further protect your property and finances:
- Water backup coverage: Sump pumps and sewers can overflow, wreaking havoc on your home. Water backup coverage not only covers the replacement cost of property lost to water damage but can help pay for water removal as well.
- Personal injury coverage: While lawsuits for libel and slander are rare, they are also expensive. Personal injury coverage protects members on your policy financially if they are taken to court for either of these issues.
Other Insurance Products Offered by Progressive
Renters insurance isn’t the only insurance product that Progressive offers. While there are many types of insurance you can get through Progressive, auto and home insurance are its widest-ranging offerings.
- Auto Insurance: Progressive got its start as an auto insurance carrier, and it insures all kinds of personal vehicles. If you’re already considering a rental insurance policy with progressive, bundling with Progressive car insurance can help you save on your policy.
- Property insurance: Renters aren’t the only dwellers who can get covered with Progressive insurance. Progressive provides homeowners insurance and landlord insurance as well.
How to Cancel Progressive Renters Insurance
Even though Progressive’s renters insurance is offered through its network of partners, you can still deal with Progressive directly to manage your policy. To cancel, just get in touch with Progressive customer service by calling the mainline at 1 (800) 776-4737.
With any rental insurance policy, there are both standard and add-on coverages. Progressive’s standard policy covers personal property, loss of use, personal liability, and medical payments. Keep in mind that you have some choice in coverage limits and deductibles, both of which can affect your monthly premium. The average monthly premium is $13 to $25 with Progressive renters insurance. However, insurance rates depend on your unique situation. Where you live, what you live in, and other features can all affect your bill. Current policyholders can cancel renters insurance by calling Progressive. A customer service agent can help get you started on the process to cancel your policy.
Progressive Renters Insurance FAQ
What does Progressive renters insurance cover?
How much does Progressive renters insurance cost?
How can I cancel my Progressive renters insurance?
With any rental insurance policy, there are both standard and add-on coverages. Progressive’s standard policy covers personal property, loss of use, personal liability, and medical payments. Keep in mind that you have some choice in coverage limits and deductibles, both of which can affect your monthly premium.
The average monthly premium is $13 to $25 with Progressive renters insurance. However, insurance rates depend on your unique situation. Where you live, what you live in, and other features can all affect your bill.
Current policyholders can cancel renters insurance by calling Progressive. A customer service agent can help get you started on the process to cancel your policy.
Conclusion: How to Save on Insurance Costs
Whether you’re getting renters insurance to fulfill a lease requirement, or just for your own peace of mind, comparing quotes can ensure you get the best value for the coverage you need. With customizable options like add-on coverages, deductible amounts, and coverage limits, your unique needs impact how much you pay for your premium.
That’s why it’s so important to compare quotes. Insurify helps renters compare policy options based on the coverage they need, so you can get the best price for your policy.
Progressive Renters Insurance Contact Information
|Customer service phone number||1 (800) 776-4737|
|Customer service online contact||progressive.com/contact-us|
|Headquarters address||The Progressive Corporation, 6300 Wilson Mills Rd. Mayfield Village, Ohio 44143|