As a tech leader in data research with regards to people’s driving habits, car insurance, safety and finance advice, Insurify seeks to support the next generation of innovators with a college scholarship contest.
Follow Insurify for more financial tips and tricks
***Update...the scholarship deadline has passed as of April 2016***
As a tech leader in data research with regards to people’s driving habits, car insurance, safety and finance advice, Insurify
seeks to support the next generation of innovators with a college scholarship contest.
Insurify is the first online car insurance shopping platform, which instantly verifies customer personal data to provide real and accurate quotes via an intuitive and integrated user experience.
- Deadline: 11:59pm EST, March 31, 2016
- Occurs: Bi-annually
- Applicants: Must be enrolled at an accredited four-year university or two-year college, graduate school, community college, or trade school, and be willing to prove active student status by submitting transcript or official letter of enrollment from the university.
How to apply
Send your essay to firstname.lastname@example.orgAll submissions must be sent through a “.edu” email address, please include your name, major and year of graduation.
*Please include your college, program, contact information, as well as which topic your essay is addressing in the header of your paper.*
AwardsAward recipients will be selected and notified by email on April 15, 2016
The deadline has passed as of April 2016
- Winner(s) will be awarded Insurify’s Safe Driving Scholarship Winner plaque, as well as a check for $1,000.
- Honorable Mentions will be awarded the Honorable Mention plaque
- All award recipients will be featured in an article, as well as their essay published on Insurify's blog site.
The Safe Driver ScholarshipWrite a well-developed thought-provoking essay on one of the topics regarding safe driving below.
- What made me stop? Texting and driving is a serious risk. According to the National Safety Council, the risk of car crash increases 4x. Drivers using their smartphones aren't just texting, there’s also the occasional email, Snapchat selfie, Instagram like or retweet. Tell us in 750-1,250 words about the moment that you (either as a driver or passenger) realized the risks of using a smartphone while driving?
- When it all stopped being fun. A CDC study reports that almost 4.2 million Americans admitted to driving while intoxicated at least once over the previous month. What steps can be taken to prevent drinking and driving? Tell us in 750-1,250 words about the moment that you (either as a driver or passenger) realized the risks of being intoxicated while driving?
- Are self-driving cars safer? The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that driver incapacitation (seizure, heart attack, blackout) was the main cause of 6.4% of accidents. Driverless cars could address those problems. We’d like to hear your opinion about them in 750-1250 words. Are they safer? What are the societal changes that would come in place? What risks would autonomous vehicles eliminate or impose?
The Fine PrintInsurify
is committed to protecting your privacy. By submitting your application you acknowledge that should you be chosen as a award recipient, your article may be published on Insurify’s Sure Thing website, along with your name, and college at the conclusion of the entry period. You may be contacted for additional information such as confirming your enrollment status or contact information should you be selected. Insurify will never spam you, or sell your information, the only communication you may receive will be with be to verify your application information, and to notify you should you win.
Insurify, Inc. is located at 222 Third Street, Cambridge Massachusetts 02142